The Senior Loan strategy is designed to deliver pure bank loan exposure and outperform the benchmark over a full credit cycle
Morningstar LSTA US BB Ratings Loan Index
The Senior Loan strategy is based primarily on defensive strategies:
- Investment philosophy is transparent, benchmark aware and long-only
- Intense fundamental research attempts to reduce default risk
- Favor higher quality, par loans that offer multiple credit cushions
- Portfolios are diversified by industry and security
- Avoid second lien loans under most market conditions
Diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against a loss.
The Senior Loan Composite includes all discretionary accounts with market values greater than $50 million managed by Loomis Sayles with a primary focus on attractive risk/return trade-offs within the bank loan sector. The Composite inception date is September 1, 2004. The Composite was created in 2007.